Royal Gwent Hospital Gwent Clinical School
The Friars Education Centre
The Friars, Friars Road, Newport, Gwent, NP20 4EZ (View on Google Maps)
See more: Travel Advice | Accommodation
- Take junction 28 off the M4.
- Follow the A48 signs to Newport City Centre (You will approach the first roundabout near the Patents Office & Office for National Statistics)
- Take the first exit from this roundabout and follow the road through to Newport. You will pass the South Wales Argus Newspaper Headquarters and then a Tesco’s superstore both on your right hand side, as well as passing through several sets of traffic lights. Most of this road has a bus lane with a 30 mile an hour speed limit, so keep in the right hand lane and watch out for the speed camera.
- When you reach a set of traffic lights just past a new housing complex being developed on your right, you will see the Royal Gwent Hospital ahead, go into the left hand lane and turn up Belle Vue Hill. Keep driving up the hill ignoring two right hand turnings (No entry) until you meet the crossroads at the top. On your left will be Belle Vue Park and on your right is a bath stone building (slightly hidden from the road). This is The Friars Postgraduate Centre building. Turn right and follow the road round to behind the house and up a small incline to the car park barrier. Press the buzzer in order to gain entry stating the name of the course/seminar you are attending.
Newport Railway Station, High Street, Newport Gwent, NP20 4AX
- Monday – Friday 06.00 – 20.15
- Saturday 06.30 – 20.30
- Sunday 08.00 – 19.45
For rail enquiries please log on to www.nationalrail.co.uk – (Link 6)